VILLAGE CHAPEL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
is a congregation of beautiful and broken people transformed into a family by the love of God.
We worship a loving God:
- We gather for a service of worship every Sunday at 11 AM.
- We conduct special services during the Advent, Christmas, Lent, and Easter seasons.
- We celebrate communion during worship at least once per month (usually on the first Sunday of the month) and on significant church holidays.
- Our worship is a blend of traditional and contemporary practices, including music from our pipe organ as well as piano, guitar, and other instruments, and our volunteer adult choir and children’s choir.
- We offer child care during worship for infants through first graders by volunteers who have been vetted and passed background checks.
- We enjoy fellowship and refreshments following Sunday worship as an opportunity to catch up after a busy week.
We nourish faith:
- We offer Sunday School classes for all ages September through May.
- We offer “coffee and conversation” at 10 AM June through August.
- We offer seasonal and special evening studies on Mondays.
- We offer Presbyterian Women’s groups that meet in the morning or evening and gather for a luncheon monthly.
- We offer a three day summer Arts Camp that explores a Biblical story through a variety of art experiences, including painting, music, weaving, dance, food, yoga, fabric art and various crafts. Each day a kid-friendly dinner is served before programming begins. On the fourth day all participants are invited to a pool and pizza party.
We serve our community:
- We help feed the hungry through Common Grounds Food Pantry, Manna Meal and Trinity’s Table meal ministries, and monthly collection of “two cents a meal” offering.
- We volunteer for Habitat for Humanity and Hospice, and support hospitalized veterans and other local mission opportunities.
- We offer an annual “Pay It Forward” no cost yard sale on the third Saturday of November.
- We assemble and distribute “Blessing Bags.”
- We collect school supplies and backpacks for area schools.
- We created “Village Cares” — a little free library which includes food and toiletries and invites prayer requests from the community.
- We share our space with community groups — Tai Chi and art classes, quilting groups, bridge groups, book club, Red Cross blood drives, Narcotics Anonymous, etc.
Village Chapel is a member of the Presbytery of West Virginia, the Synod of the Trinity, and the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
There’s a lot going on at Village Chapel — and we’d love for you to join us!
Click for more information:
3818 Venable Avenue
Charleston, WV 25304
Charleston, WV 25304
Service Times: Sunday at 11:00 am